Post Production Supervisor
Sherpas Cinema is seeking a Post Production Supervisor for a full time position in our Whistler, BC office.
Aside from being involved with the curation and creation of super amazing, incredibly fun cinematic projects, at Sherpas Cinema, the Post Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the post team and day to day activities of the department. They will have an active involvement from the concept to the delivery of every project, and as such we require a highly motivated, and organized individual, with experience managing all elements of commercial, documentary and feature post workflows.
We are searching for a candidate with previous post production management experience, able to advise on the best practices related to editorial, picture and audio finishing. Having previous experience as an editor, audio engineer or colorist would be a huge benefit, as this role requires knowledge of the arts, as well as a strong technical and pragmatic mindset. Organizational and people skills is a must.
Sherpas Cinema (www.sherpascinema.com) is a boutique full service production house. Cutting edge filmmaking techniques, inventive visual FX and motion graphics, intimate character development and detailed audio design are coupled with decades of multifaceted mountain experience and savvy.
- Managing the post team on a daily basis
- Scheduling and allocating of department resources, (editors, suites, archival)
- Effectively communicate and delegate tasks.
- Outline and foresee months in advance by having a big picture mindset
- Working with producers to determine job schedules, workflows and budgets.
- Manage and oversee 3rd party vendors, such as colorists, vfx artists and audio mixers, factoring-in budgets and deadlines
- Involvement in Pre-production to determine and advise on best courses of action representing Post Production.
- Form the link between management and creative within the post production department
- Manage and schedule regular archival routines to safely ensure all footage is backed up.
- Schedule regular maintenance routines of building infrastructure, suites ands storage
- Continually discover and implement new technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Provide Curriculum and management of interns and junior members of staff.
- Management of our stock vendors and continual updates of current masters
- 3-10 years experience working within a post production facility or similar
- Experience working directly with Clients and Agencies
- Experience with Documentary, Broadcast or Feature film workflows.
- Experience working with Networked storage systems and servers
- Highly knowledgeable/experienced in the Adobe Creative Suite & Davinci Software or similar non-linear editing software (Avid, Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with VFX, 3D and compositing workflows
- Independent and driven
- Excellent organizational skills and self motivation
- Ability to see things from conception to delivery
- High attention to detail
- Highly creative and passionate about the field of post production
- Ability to meet sometimes demanding deadlines
- Experience in the action sport industry is a plus
This role is to work solely in Post Production, applicants will only be considered on experience in this field specifically. This must not be your first job in post production. Please include a cover letter as to why you would be perfect for this job, along with your CV.
You need to be able to work legally in Canada and able to start working out of Whistler, as of September 2018.
Salary will be dependent based years of industry experience.
Apply with cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, due to the high volume of applicants unfortunately only those shortlisted will be contacted.